The struggle is real, am I right?
Working full time and blogging is a challenge to say the least. SO many of us do it and do it well. BUT I bet you have probably had a million thoughts running around your head day to day, wondering how on earth you’re going to fit it allll in. Been there?
So have I. So, in good spirits I’ve decided to poke fun of myself. Over the last week I’ve noted down all the random thoughts I’ve had about blogging and working full time. I’m dying to see if you can relate to any of these!
Blogging Thoughts running around my lil head
- You spend a good few minutes each day wondering how on EARTH you’re going to fit everything you want to achieve in.
- Admit it: you feel a lil jealous of those full time bloggers who get to dedicate their whole day to blogging. (We see you and appreciate you!)
- Caffeine is your weapon of choice.
- You can’t help but fall behind with everything sometimes..
- .. But then you realise you grow at your own pace.
- Early mornings and late nights are definitely a ‘thing’.
- The struggle is real when trying to snap a good photo after work during winter. (where the light go though?)
- You constantly wonder how others manage to blog, work full time, keep fit AND have a social life.
- You have PLAN of ACTION days to maximise your productivity on such a short amount of time.
- The weekend is just not long enough.
- Sometimes you sit there wondering if its all worth it?
- …BUT then you remember you love being creative with your blog and you carry on.
- You sometimes get the urge to book full days of work to concentrate on your blog. (Been there, done that.)
- Sometimes it can feel as though your living a double life between blogging and work.
- Sometimes its a catch 22, when you get invited to the most wonderful events BUT its during work hours. Dilemma.
- You are constantly torn between wanting to dedicate time to shout out others in the community but you also need to use the time to work on your own blog.
- Falling asleep with your laptop open is a very real possibility.
- Feeling like a goddess when everything is on track and scheduled for the week.
- You constantly wish your everyday was a little more interesting for the purpose of Instagram stories.
- You are a master in multitasking.
- You’ve learnt the hard way to NOT compare yourself to full time bloggers. Just appreciate their talent and learn from them instead.
- You’ve learnt to set yourself boundaries between blog and work life.
- You’ve learnt that taking a break can be one of the best things for your attitude to blogging.
- You’ve learnt that posting everyday isn’t always achievable.
- And most importantly you’ve learnt if it doesn’t spark joy don’t do it.
- But you’ve learnt every blogging achievement deserves a celebration!
- And finally, knowing you’re doing amazing cause you’re doing what YOU want.
Keep doing you!
Now, I’m sure that list could be even longer, in fact its proberly going to be never ending if we were to put all of our heads together. BUT, I hope you’ve enjoyed me poking fun at myself.
If you blog and work full-time what frantic thoughts do you have? Or even if you blog full time?
Let me know in the comments below!