The Brampton Mill

Gorgeous Gin & Fabulous Food at The Brampton Mill

February 23, 2019 in Blog - 7 Comments - 4 min read

A sweet little escape along the river.

Now, I don’t want to be one of those bloggers, BUT when I got the email invitation inviting me to try out the newly refurbished Brampton mill in exchange for a blog review – I could have died with excitement.

The Brampton Mill

There’s a number of reasons as to why I was so excited. We were recently talking about first dates at work, when my college expressed fond memories of her first romantic date at the a The Brampton Mill. So since then, I been wanting to pay visit. Another reason being, we will be moving into our first home, north of Cambridge soon. So we will have so much more freedom to pop to places like The Brampton Mill in Huntington.

The Revamp

Now despite not having been to The Brampton Mill, before I decided to have a little sneak peak at some before shots on google. Don’t get me wrong, The before look of the pub looked cute, but in comparison to the real life after version – it whole new level.

First of all driving up to the Mill, is so cute and quaint. It’s incredibly well hidden. This isn’t somewhere you just pop to for a night out. This is most definitely a destination for fine gastro pub dining.

We were welcomed by two beautiful double doors and an eye catching long, luxe bar to the right. Which I of course headed over to grab my own DIY gin. I mean, how fabulous does it look?

The Brampton Mill

What I really like about the downstairs area, is that theres just so much choice for seating arrangements, you can have a comfy seat at the bar by the fire, take a seat along the river outside or even book out one of the downstairs room for a bigger party.

The Brampton Mill

We were really kindly treated to some canapés to start our date night, so we took a seat on the outrageously comfy armchairs to enjoy them. The canapés were a selection of what new starters on the menu. Can I just say: Deep fried brie – perfection.

The Brampton Mill

The Main restaurant

I can officially say, The Brampton Mill is like a Tardis. There’s just so much space! I already thought there was so much space for eating and dining downstairs, so you can imagine my surprise when the waiter said he would take us through to the main part of the restaurant upstairs. There’s just so much going on here – and the colour schemes works so well. Its just really warm and inviting. So I bet, with the right company you could spend a good few hours here, just enjoying the food and surroundings.

So, what did we eat?

The Brampton Mill has been really generous when it comes to their food choices. Theres not one but two menus. One for meat eaters and one completely vegan. That literally makes me so happy as it feels as though The Brampton Mill has made every effort to accommodate to all.

I mentioned earlier in the year that I wanted to expand on choosing and continuing to eat meat free options suits great to know that if we were to return here – we have that option wide open.

On this night though, I was dying to try the fish dishes because its just my favourite right now and if you can make a good fish dish, you’re in my good books.

For starters I had fried squid and my boyfriend had scallops. Both devoured in under five minutes. There was just so much flavour to my dish. Squid is usually my go to starter and I’m so glad it disappoint.

The Brampton Mill

Mains: I dined on the Seared Salmon Fillet served with Chorizo mash, (which is to die for) tenderstem broccoli and Bouillabaisse sauce, with a side of extra veg of course.

The Brampton Mill

Henry, tried and tested the fillet steak, with an ale-glazed shallot tart topped with Cropwell Bishop custard, Stilton & walnut crumb and twice-cooked chunky chips. I won’t lie, I nicked his chips and I have no regrets.

Being totally full, we of course, ordered dessert. We were enjoying the surroundings so much, we were happy to stay a little longer and indulge. By this point, I had seen a variation of delicious desserts leave the kitchen. So, choosing was a little hard. Again, I have to stress, the new menu at The Brampton Mill has so, so much choice.

The Brampton Mill

I devoured the Melting Chocolate & Peanut bomb, filled with sticky toffee pudding and peanut butter cream. Served with Bourbon vanilla ice cream & hot salted caramel sauce. And, Henry decided to go all sophisticated with a cheese board. Judging by all the expression on his face, it was a damn good cheese board.

Final Verdict for The Brampton Mill

I think I’ve fallen in love with this place – just a little. I’ll be honest I wasn’t expecting something as lovely as The Brampton Mill is. It’s not just your average pub, its the sweetest location, the most divine fresh food & such a cosy, chic interior.

The Brampton Mill

Throughout our experience, the staff were so kind and attentive also – despite it being such a busy night. My only wish is to return and see The Brampton mill during the daytime. Sunday lunch in the Summer, is very much on the agenda.

• erin31811 February 27, 2019 at 9:29 pm

Oh wow it all looks SO good! I love food like this!

Erin || MakeErinOver

• Boxnip March 3, 2019 at 7:30 pm

It looks and sounds like a really beautiful place. The food looks gorgeous too – as do those gins! 😀

Sarah 🌺 || Boxnip

• Amie. (@acurvyvegan) March 3, 2019 at 8:10 pm

This sounds absolutely amazing & the gin looks incredible!

Love, Amie ❤

The Curvaceous Vegan

• Mel March 4, 2019 at 7:12 am

It looks and sounds amazing. I spy one of my favourite gins too.

• Jenny in Neverland March 4, 2019 at 1:03 pm

I love a canape! My perfect food 🙂 All this looks delicious – a fancy meal out does make a nice change every now and again! This place looks lovely 🙂

Jenny

• Lady Writes (@LadyWrites_Blog) March 5, 2019 at 10:37 am

OMG I GO HERE ALL THE TIME!!

• Sarah March 5, 2019 at 12:06 pm

This sounds so good!! Xx

• 💫 Thank goodness for Sundays! It’s been a long week and I cannot wait to just chill & watch 🎬 movies today. I thought I would give little update on how I’m getting on with the ⭐️NEW #BioluminCeye serum #gifted from @DermalogicaUK. It’s really nice to just brush over your 🧖🏼‍♀️ eyes in the morning & really perks me up (I literally reach for all my morning skincare as soon as I 😴 wake up). My under eye area feels a lot brighter & softer after use from these past couple of weeks. Pretty sure, I’m gonna have to 🛍 restock this one soon! 💖#skinfluencer
    • ✨ if only my week was as magical as these cute little tea lights. This week has literally been sponsored by lemon tea ☕️ & throat sweets 🍬 I’ve been off sick that last couple of days and I can tell you it is not ideal. ❄️ Isn’t the weather so bitterly cold in Cambridge recently? Not great when you’re under the weather with a cold! 🥶💖
    • 💫 And just like that, we’ve got through Monday.👊🏼 I had throughly enjoyed my weekend of just taking things slowly and chilling, I definitely need to have more weekends like this.✨ Since moving, I honestly love just hanging out in our living room because the space is sooo bright (can’t wait for longer ☀️days) and also I just feel so cosy here. 😻 Fee has her little spot at the end, right next to the radiator for the colder days too. I think I just need to get a few more pictures 📸 on the wall (currently being very fussy), maybe some more 🛋 cushions & definitely some more house plants. 🌿 Any home decor reccomendations? 💫
    • 🌟 Sunday’s are for doing the things you love.✨ That’s why my day will consist of 👩🏼‍💻blogging, ☕️ drinking massive amounts tea, 📸 scrapbooking and 📺 binging a little bit of Netflix. What does your Sunday look like? 💖
    • 💫I’m so glad we are hitting Friday tomorrow! Is it just me or has this week lasted for like, a year? I have a new blog post 👩🏼‍💻up though all about one of my new favourite coffee ☕️ spots in Cambridge. ✨ PLEASE go check this place out and treat yo’self if you’re local. The food is just divine. 💖
    • C’est fini! 🎉Really pleased to have finished my third book 📚 of the year & the 1st book of @bethsbookclub_ for 2020. Can I just say, this is SUCH a heartwarming💖 but also heartbreaking story! I didn’t want to love Ove as much as I did but I just couldn’t help it, really looking forward to chatting 👩🏼‍💻to everyone about this book later in the month. Now I need new book 📖 recommendations, what’s on your current reading list? 💫 #2020reads