Three Mind Changing Podcasts to help you keep a healthy mindset for 2019

January 27, 2019 in Blog - 7 Comments - 3 min read

Because we all need help our minds stay healthy, right?

If theres one thing I’ve learnt about January and a New Year, its that there’s nothing magical about January 1st. Thank you to Laura Casey, for bringing me that truth.

However, we should use the New Year, to allow ourselves to continue growing. A New Year doesn’t mean you dramatically change straight away, you don’t necessarily come into the New Year stronger.

Every New Year is a chance for you to continue to grow as a person. I have a goal-setting mentality, hence why I set myself goals every year. A key part of myself being able to grow, is keeping a key focus on my mindset. I strive to have a healthy and positive mindset in everything I do.

As someone who likes to spend a few moments alone from time to time, it’s also important to feel that time with thoughts that are uplifting. Which is what this post is all about.

I’ve been filling my January time with uplifting podcasts, to help me to grow and I want to share my favourites with you for a healthy mindset.

FYI I’ve previously shared my favourite Marketing podcasts with you, so if you want to catch up on that post, then you can – here!

Nobody Panic

I have well and truly fallen in love with the ladies from Nobody Panic! These incredible comedians tackle a new subject each week from “How to Stay Sane when you’ve had the flu”, to “How to Cope when your Friends move on.”

This podcast is such easy listening, their opinions are incredibly down to earth and their experiences are incredibly relatable. So in short, I really like having their advice my ear.

Cultivate Your Life Podcast

Now, this is recently launched podcast. So I know its early to through it straight into the ring and declare it one of my faves. But, when you know, you know right?

Laura Casey’s podcast is really helping uncover the big picture and all the little steps you need to take to get to your place. I can sometimes feel really overwhelmed trying to fit everything I want to do in, so it’s really nice to see other women have struggled and found alternative paths.

I really recommend starting with, the episode “6 Ways not to waste your Life”, to really get a feel for how the podcast works. It’s in its early stages but I’m really excited to listen to the podcast grow as I grow too.

mindset podcast

Happy Place Podcast

Funnily enough, I’ve really tried to avoid this particular podcast in the past. However after realising before Christmas that I would be staying at work late, literally every night. I needed something new to binge.

Ferne Cottons Happy Place Podcast, is such a calming listen with such a delightful variation of people. Honestly, I think I love it so much because you just spend around an hour listening in on what feels like a really authentic conversation.

I personally warm to Ferne because she’s SO great at making an interview feel so natural and is always incredibly attentive. So if you want to feel inspired or have a fresh perspective on life, then give this one a go!

mindset podcast

So, those are my three top podcasts for helping you keep a healthy mindset for 2019. I have to stress, the mindset work is all on you, creative outlets like podcasts are just great free tools to help us along the way.

Do you have another great podcast for mindset that I haven’t heard about? Share with me in the comments below!

• Erin January 27, 2019 at 8:55 pm

I need to start listening to more podcasts again, and these sound so so good! Oh and love the bedding, I have the same 🙂

Erin || MakeErinOver

• Kate February 4, 2019 at 7:25 pm

I love Happy Place. I think Fearne is a great interviewer too and I enjoy listening to the people she interviews. I haven’t heard of the other two podcasts you mentioned but I will definitely check them out! Thanks for sharing.

• Chloe Chats February 4, 2019 at 7:33 pm

Great post. I love Fearne Cotton’s podcast, the ‘interviews’ which are more like a little chit chat session are always so inspiring and it’s a great one to listen to when you’ve got some spare time. I haven’t heard of the other ones so I’ll have to have a listen! There’s one called ‘Find Your Voice’ which is a great one too!

Chloe xx

• hellolizziebee February 4, 2019 at 8:07 pm

Thank you so much for sharing these podcasts! I’m an avid podcast listener but lately my brain has started to hurt trying to listen to all of these ‘grow your instagram’ and ‘grow your blog’ kind of podcasts… I especially love the sound of Nobody Panic!

• James - Not looking back February 4, 2019 at 8:14 pm

I’ve not explored different podcasts but keep meaning to. I like listening to comedy and current affairs but will definitely use them as a good way to improve my mindset!

• Lindsey February 4, 2019 at 8:20 pm

Ooh! I’ve never actually listened to a podcast before but all three of these are making me want to try them out – they sound so positive and inspirational! I’m definitely going to have to look into listening to some – thank you! Great post!

• gotmeghan February 4, 2019 at 9:02 pm

I wish I could get myself to listen to podcasts on a daily basis, but I was never a big fan of listening to tapes of books when I was younger, and I still can’t focus on audio books either. 🙁

• 💫 Well, it’s my second day of working from home for the foreseeable future. I’ve worked from home quite a bit anyway with my job but doing it long term is going to be quite a shift. 🎉However, it is something we can & must do if able. So how am I setting myself up? 🥰I’m trying to keep as much of a schedule going as possible when it comes to work. I’m also working on creating a barrier between my home environment & work environment, it’s important to not let it all merge into one. 🙏🏻 I’ll be sharing everything through my stories and blog soon. Remember, we are all in this together! My DM’s are always open if anyone needs a chat. 👌🏼💖
    • ✨ A little throwback snap from one of my new favourite hotspots in Cambridge, wishing this had been my breakfast this morning. 🍳 I obviously won’t be cooking anything as fabulous while I’m working from home, but one can dream right?! 💖💫
    • 💫 LIVING LIFE IN THE SLOW LANE. ✨ We’ve not really ventured out the house much this weekend except for the one Tesco shop. (Not a fun experience) Although the UK isn’t on a lockdown yet, we are prepping for it and limiting where we go. Ive really been enjoying the #staythefuckhome & defo recommend you give it a scroll. Stay safe, stay well & stay home (if you can) 🥰♥️
    • ✨ With all the noise from the news & a heavy work load, I’ve been finding it difficult to get a proper good sleep 💤 this week. I’m sure some of you are just the same. It’s a crazy, unknown time and difficult to just switch off from that anxious feeling. Luckily I’ve found a little  bedtime spray, a good book 📚 and night time moisturiser can help calm me down a little. While it obviously doesn’t magically solve everything, it does help me. 💫 So, I encourage you all to do the little things that make you feel just that little bit better during this time.♥️
    • Happy Sunday! 💫 oh my goodness, it’s been a hella of a busy time of late. Over the last few weeks, works been full on & I somehow managed to squeeze in a driving test along the way (which I passed 🎉) AND as a result, I’ve had a very exciting weekend shopping for my first car, feeling very happy & lucky. 😌Today I think I’m just gonna nest at home and enjoy the art of doing nothing ✨
    • 💫 Going into today with this as my mantra.👌🏼 Its no secret that I’m currently finding myself swamped at work! 😩So wishing you a peaceful & smooth working week ✨💖