Because it wouldn’t really be 2019 without one of these posts, right?
2019…. Loading. Can you really believe it? A whole year has gone by. So many things have happened. Good and bad. I’m really trying to reflect on 2018 – I think overall I’ve had a fairly good year I’ve but had a few bumps along the way. I shared my lessons learnt in 2018 here.
However I don’t think I’ve always been completely present or in the moment with 2018 – and that really annoys me. I really hate this drifting feeling I’ve had through certain parts of the year. So in a determination to be focused, I am setting myself goals (or resolutions if you like) for 2019.
Now, I know resolutions are like marmite for some. You either love it or hate it. For me, I thrive with a target or aspiration in mind. I don’t see it as though its daunting or a chore – its empowering to push myself to be a better version of me.
So go for it – set yourself some inspiring goals for 2019. I’m sharing my goals below and I’m pushing through with a positive mindset. I’m hoping for my best year yet.
Get that Healthy Mindset
This is a different goal for me, in comparison to previous years. I’ve already got a gym schedule down. However, to get a healthy mindset there’s a few things I want to do.
- I really want to look at eating more plant based recipes. I don’t really snack on treats that much but I’m really interested in eating more food that will really help fill my body with goodness. I’ve actually created a Pinterest board on this and you can see all the inspo I have so far, here.
- On top of that – I have a goal to eat less meat. By the end of the year, I’m looking to only have meat three times a week. If that. I also want to concentrate on eating only fish etc.
- Continue to drink healthy herbal teas. Last year, I went through a strict phase or only drinking green and peppermint tea. Three of each a day. I felt so good. So I really want to continue to incorporate that throughout 2019.
- WATER. This is so important. I am going to drink a substantial amount of water each day in 2019. Water is so powerful and I encourage you all to recognise that. I hate that feeling I get when I feel a headache coming on because I know I’m dehydrated. I want eliminate that feeling in 2019.
Feed my Mind
This is a really important goal for me and I’m really excited to share it. I want to read more in 2019. I have felt like the inspiration and enjoyment from a book has been incredibly lacking this past year
I wanted to set myself this goal last year. Unfortunately it tanked and I can only put it down to myself not being in the right mindset. So instead of chasing a goal I knew my mind wouldn’t let me achieve I decided to research books and buy a few I’m curious about. I now have a stack to read for 2019 and I’m so excited!
So I’m setting myself this goal again, or 2019 with the determination to achieve.
- I plan to read 8 marketing/educational style books – to help me in my professional life and progress in my career.
- Then I’m reading 12 books from any genre.
I’m really excited to go through this goal again and I’ll be sharing my progress via my insta stories. So recommend your books and wish me luck!
Love my Skin
I will say at the end of 2018, I’ve really started to actually love the skin I’m in. So to compliment that, I want to 2019 to be the year, that I really cherish and take care of it.
I mean lets be real. When I’m doing my little skincare routine morning and night. I get this rush of feeling good and actually feeling a little pretty. I think that’s because, I’m taking time for myself.
So heres the cute little beauty things that I want to do for myself:
- Keep a consistent morning and night skincare routine.
- Weekly face masks because they are lush and my skin deserves a pamper each week right?
- Take at least two long relaxing bubble baths each week to give my skin that restful, calm mindset. (you best believe I’m starting 2019 like this)
- Treat my skin (and mind) to a consistent sleep schedule.
I’m not setting this as a goal but am also going to treat myself to a few spa days in 2019 – Like the ultimate skincare detox and I know I’m worth a little treat. Right?
Keep to my planning schedule
This is a really big one for me. This year I’ve invested in a power sheets planner and a happy planner to keep myself on check and organise.
I’ve learnt over the the last year, that my brain works really well with a plan or schedule in advance. So as a Christmas present to myself I’ve given myself the tools to help me stay on that schedule.
I’ve noticed that my productivity increases and I accomplish more. So I’m going to push myself to keep at it. When Im organised, I feel empowered so thats my goal.
Social Media/Blogging goals
Lets be real, blogging goals could require a whole other post but I’ll keep it short and sweet. I have a few blogging goals and they’re important to me because my blog is my little corner where I can express myself and I find it really cathartic.
- Continue blogging and try to implement a consistent scheudle
- Use my blog to continue to express my love for topics that excite me.
- Numbers aren’t everything. However I do want to increase my readership and my social traffic. I won’t share the numbers but I do think this type of goal is healthy for helping things evolve. But don’t worry – this is not something I’ll be obsessing over. Growth is all I want.
- Shout and support other creators more. For too long I’ve held back on this – purely to do with time. However I want to make a conscious effort to celebrate others. Social media can be a wonderful place for creativity and that deserves to be acknowledged. For example I’ve taken inspo to create my goals post – thanks to My Lavender tinted worlds previous goals post.
- Be more careless, about making instagram look picture perfect. NEWSFLASH: my engagement went up tremendously when I didn’t obsess over the grid aspect. Now this my not work for everyone but I was to strive by being a little more free with social.
- Be more mindful with my time on social. I love blogging and hanging out on social media. BUT 2019 will be the year I eliminate that meaningless scrolling vortex. Getting sucked into that just gives me bad vibes and who needs that?
This is an important 2019 goal. Relationships can sink or swim your whole year. So I have certain exceptions and goals for relationships in 2019:
- Cut the toxic people out. This goal is totally inspired by Molly Rees and her resolutions. I don’t need friends who are only present to boost themselves. For too long, I’ve had friendships that are very one sided. I’ve had enough of celebrating others who are too selfish to stop and thank others for the support around them. Its an immature quality to have and not one I want to future in my friendships. Its trashy to treat people like that, right girl?
- Invest more time with my Mum. Theres really no need for an explanation on this. I love my Mum.
- Create more memories with my boyfriend. 2019 is the year we move into our first home, so its going to be a big one.
Level up on skills
So, have you ever really wanted to do something but then just thought, ah no – thats beyond my skillset. Cant do it. Wont do it. Well, I have a 2019 goal to change that.
For starters I really want to level up on my cooking/baking skills. By the end of the year I want to be able to perfectly make a handful of good recipes. From the perfect fish pie to the sweetest macaroons.
Crafting. I used to be such a crafty little girl. I loved and still love making things so I’m determined to find something to create again. I’m keeping the specifics open for now. It will just depend on what gets me interested.
And there we have it
There’s something so cathartic about writing my goals, hopes and aspirations for 2019. However I think its important to note that there is nothing magical during a New Year.
It’s just a moment, a chance to aspire to be a better version of yourself. but it takes work. I know, everything I’ve just listed will be a challenge. The important thing is, I’m excited for it because I’ve been selective to choose things that will drive and inspire me.
Have a fabulous start to the New Year. What are your plans for a bright 2019?