3 Cheesy Christmas films you need to watch this festive season

December 3, 2018 in Lifestyle - 7 Comments - 3 min read

Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Quite literally.

I don’t know about you but there’s nothing better than watching a Christmas film on a cosy December night, during the festive season.

Christmas films are the perfect background noise to so many Christmas activities. Be it:

So, because I’m really feeling that good holiday mood. I wanted to share three of my favourite Christmas films with you.

I’ve also been careful to select films that I know are on Netflix. As I’m sure most of you will have access to that. If not, I really recommend you get it for the festive period. (so many good films/shows)Don’t miss out!

A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding

So if you haven’t seen this films prequel (have you been under a rock?) A Christmas prince. Then you also need to add that to your watching list!

The Christmas Prince, follows that perfect cheesy storyline where a girl just happens to find herself in a foreign faraway land and just happens BY CHANCE to bump into the prince of that land.

The sequel, follows their royal wedding preparations in the run up to Christmas. Of course, not everything can go as smoothly as originally planned. So expect, outrageous wedding outfits, hilarious plot lines and VERY cheesy acting.

Yet somehow it’s still brilliant?

The Princess Switch

Did you love High School Musical as much as I did? Do you sometimes still fangirl of Vanessa Hudgens? Cause me (too) neither.

Seriously, The Princess Switch is the purest and one of the prettiest films I’ve seen this festive season.

Firstly it’s all about a Christmas baking contest that just happens to be happening in a faraway European kingdom.

Vanessa Hudgens plays the two mains leads, the Baker and the Princess. Its essentially like a a festive version of the parent trap with no parents. Also with a princess and the pauper twist. Brilliant combination!

The two girls switch places (as they’re basically identical and no one could ever notice!) and learn a bit about what the others life is like. (Of course they just happen to fall in love with each others best friend & husband to be) in the process.

Needless to say it gets a little messy from there on out.

A Christmas Inheritance

This is officially the most cheesiest Christmas film I’ve come across this season. I do not regret watching this at all. No matter how odd it got.

It follows that typical story of the rich girl gets shipped off to a small town to discover more to life than just parties and wild nights out.

She goes on a little journey of self discovery and learns more about her family history in the process. Trust me, it did not go in the direction that I thought it would.

It was actually super sweet to see the character development throughout the film.

The lead actress also portrayed this clumsy, naive girl off perfectly. There are sometime hidden gems of comedy in there and its  really easy watching for all ages!

Now go grab a Hot Chocolate!

So theres the perfect dose of Christmas films to get your holiday binge fest going. Honestly nothing makes me happier than a cute hot chocolate and a Christmas film in the run up to the holidays.

Also just as little bonus, the Nativity is also on Netflix right now. A golden gem of a Christmas film, so please add it to your list.

What films are you watching during the festive period this season? Or better yet what are your all time favourite Christmas films?

• sarahtrademark December 3, 2018 at 6:34 pm

I loved the royal wedding film! Rose mcivor is amazing xx

• Erin December 3, 2018 at 9:11 pm

Oh I do LOVE Christmas movies! They are SO nice. I still haven’t seen the Christmas Prince yet – I am missing out big time!

Erin || MakeErinOver

• Boxnip December 3, 2018 at 9:39 pm

I’ve actually watched 2 of those already, I was trying to get into a Christmassy mood to write posts but I ended up not writing anything and just watching the films instead! lol 🙂

Sarah x || http://boxnip.co.uk

• Lady Writes (@LadyWrites_Blog) December 4, 2018 at 11:15 am

I need to go and watch all of these immediately! I love cheesy Christmas films x

• Mel December 4, 2018 at 1:09 pm

I’ve never watched any of them yet! I’ll make sure I do now

• jennyinneverland December 4, 2018 at 1:47 pm

Sorry to be a huge negative Nancy but I just cannot wait cheesy films and I don’t like Christmas films either! I’ll be opting for something dark like Bates Motel or a rewatch of The Haunting of Hill House haha! x

• A-mistletoe🤶 (@acurvyvegan) December 5, 2018 at 4:09 pm

I haven’t watched these yet, but I’ve heard amazing things about them

Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

• 🌹Morningggg! Sneakily catching the last few minutes in my cosy bed 🛌 with the electric blanket on! (Literally the best purchase for the colder days!) 💫 I have a feeling today is gonna be an odd job kinda day.. gotta do a little bit of a food shop 🛍 catchup up on life admin ✉️ & spruce up the house 🏠 before a busy (and exciting🎊) day tomorrow! What have you all got planned? 💖
    • 💫 Bringing a cosy lil Autumn 🍂 snap to your feed on this cold, chilly 🥶day. I saw this cute Halloween setup in @countrytraditionals window the other day! I loveee when shop windows get all festive with the Halloween 🎃 & Christmas 🎄seasons. Might have to do a little walk around Cambridge and share my favourites with you all soon! 🌟Not gonna lie, I’m really glad that we are getting to the end of the week as I have a couple of exciting things on this weekend! I hope you’ve all got something to look forward to as well? 💖
    • AD | 💫 Bringing a little Summer ☀️ vibe to my accessories this autumn 🍁 as I cosy up on the sofa for some good blogging & movie sessions. ✨ How cute is my new personalised laptop skin & personalised phone case 🤳🏼 from @caseapp?! After having just a plain old dark blue case for like two years, this little change makes my heart happy! ➡️ You can actually use the code MOLLIEBLOG20 if you fancy giving yourself a little refresh or perhaps even have an idea in mind for an early Christmas present 🎁 for someone?! They have a fabulous choice between pre-made designs & creating your own personalised cases - Go check it out! 😍💖
    • 🌟 Getting real cosy Sunday vibes✨ by hanging up the autumn 🍁 wreath on our new front door. It came a little late but I think it was worth the wait! 🎉 We’ve been out for a little adventure ➡️ (see stories) & are now home ready to have a yummy Sunday roast. 🥕🍗🍴It is perfect Sunday roast weather right? Then I think it’s time for a bath 🛀& a wind down in front of the TV, 📺 I’m particularly glued to The Circle ⭕️ at the moment... such a good series! I hope you’ve all had cosy weekend?! 💫
    • Happy weekend loves! 💫 if you’re heading into Cambridge today then make sure you stop by @rose.quarter where a beautiful new @millerharris has popped up! ✨I was lucky enough be invited to their opening earlier this week and let me tell you, everything smells so divine. ☺️🌸🌺I ended up going for the Rose Silence as rose scents are always my fav! 🌹♥️ Their perfumes are all unisex so go discover your new signature scent! 🎉
    • 💭 Monday working has got me thinking of weekend brunching! 🍳🍹Takeee me back to this gorgeous brunch from @oldbicycleshop 🤤 literally such a yummy meal, the best smashed avo I’ve tasted 🥑 & VERY generous portions. ➡️ BUT today’s reality is that I’m back working 👩🏼‍💻 and balancing some study time 📝in on this chilly Monday. I’ve got podcasts 🎧& cosy socks 🧦to keep me going.. I hope your Monday is going well?! 💫