3 Cheesy Christmas films you need to watch this festive season

December 3, 2018 in Lifestyle - 7 Comments - 3 min read

3 Cheesy Christmas films you need to watch this festive season

December 3, 2018 in Lifestyle - 7 Comments - 3 min read

Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Quite literally.

I don’t know about you but there’s nothing better than watching a Christmas film on a cosy December night, during the festive season.

Christmas films are the perfect background noise to so many Christmas activities. Be it:

So, because I’m really feeling that good holiday mood. I wanted to share three of my favourite Christmas films with you.

I’ve also been careful to select films that I know are on Netflix. As I’m sure most of you will have access to that. If not, I really recommend you get it for the festive period. (so many good films/shows)Don’t miss out!

A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding

So if you haven’t seen this films prequel (have you been under a rock?) A Christmas prince. Then you also need to add that to your watching list!

The Christmas Prince, follows that perfect cheesy storyline where a girl just happens to find herself in a foreign faraway land and just happens BY CHANCE to bump into the prince of that land.

The sequel, follows their royal wedding preparations in the run up to Christmas. Of course, not everything can go as smoothly as originally planned. So expect, outrageous wedding outfits, hilarious plot lines and VERY cheesy acting.

Yet somehow it’s still brilliant?

The Princess Switch

Did you love High School Musical as much as I did? Do you sometimes still fangirl of Vanessa Hudgens? Cause me (too) neither.

Seriously, The Princess Switch is the purest and one of the prettiest films I’ve seen this festive season.

Firstly it’s all about a Christmas baking contest that just happens to be happening in a faraway European kingdom.

Vanessa Hudgens plays the two mains leads, the Baker and the Princess. Its essentially like a a festive version of the parent trap with no parents. Also with a princess and the pauper twist. Brilliant combination!

The two girls switch places (as they’re basically identical and no one could ever notice!) and learn a bit about what the others life is like. (Of course they just happen to fall in love with each others best friend & husband to be) in the process.

Needless to say it gets a little messy from there on out.

A Christmas Inheritance

This is officially the most cheesiest Christmas film I’ve come across this season. I do not regret watching this at all. No matter how odd it got.

It follows that typical story of the rich girl gets shipped off to a small town to discover more to life than just parties and wild nights out.

She goes on a little journey of self discovery and learns more about her family history in the process. Trust me, it did not go in the direction that I thought it would.

It was actually super sweet to see the character development throughout the film.

The lead actress also portrayed this clumsy, naive girl off perfectly. There are sometime hidden gems of comedy in there and its  really easy watching for all ages!

Now go grab a Hot Chocolate!

So theres the perfect dose of Christmas films to get your holiday binge fest going. Honestly nothing makes me happier than a cute hot chocolate and a Christmas film in the run up to the holidays.

Also just as little bonus, the Nativity is also on Netflix right now. A golden gem of a Christmas film, so please add it to your list.

What films are you watching during the festive period this season? Or better yet what are your all time favourite Christmas films?

• sarahtrademark December 3, 2018 at 6:34 pm

I loved the royal wedding film! Rose mcivor is amazing xx

• Erin December 3, 2018 at 9:11 pm

Oh I do LOVE Christmas movies! They are SO nice. I still haven’t seen the Christmas Prince yet – I am missing out big time!

Erin || MakeErinOver

• Boxnip December 3, 2018 at 9:39 pm

I’ve actually watched 2 of those already, I was trying to get into a Christmassy mood to write posts but I ended up not writing anything and just watching the films instead! lol 🙂

Sarah x || http://boxnip.co.uk

• Lady Writes (@LadyWrites_Blog) December 4, 2018 at 11:15 am

I need to go and watch all of these immediately! I love cheesy Christmas films x

• Mel December 4, 2018 at 1:09 pm

I’ve never watched any of them yet! I’ll make sure I do now

• jennyinneverland December 4, 2018 at 1:47 pm

Sorry to be a huge negative Nancy but I just cannot wait cheesy films and I don’t like Christmas films either! I’ll be opting for something dark like Bates Motel or a rewatch of The Haunting of Hill House haha! x

• A-mistletoe🤶 (@acurvyvegan) December 5, 2018 at 4:09 pm

I haven’t watched these yet, but I’ve heard amazing things about them

Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan

• ✨ New week, new start right? Well, today it actually applies as its our first day in the new office at work. 🎉IT IS A BEAUTIFUL SPACE! 🤭 We have nice sofas, a new kitchen & cool collaboration areas. 💫So I guess thats my exciting news for the day! 🤷🏼‍♀️Whats yours? 💖
    • ✨ #gifted | ending my week with a lazy Sunday & a long skincare routine. 🧖🏼‍♀️ Also we watched “Always be my maybe” on @netflixuk 🎬which is HILARIOUS, you should all go watch it... like now! 💖
    • 💫 Morningggg... let me tell you right now, this week is feeling looooong. 🥴 BUT I’m working from home today which means I can have a proper little “get shit done” 💪🏼🎉sesh. So I’m going to have lots of podcasts on to keep me company 🎧 & I’ll also be downing lots of tea ☕️ in my new fave mug... isn’t it cute? 🤭💖
    • 💫 Forever wishing I was brunching at @hotnumberscoffee ☕️🥑 instead of lunching on a work day💖
    • 💫Even in the rain, ☔️the flowers are still so pretty! 🌟 I've just come back from a BRILLIANT driving lesson 🚘 after a slightly odd day. 🤭 So, I'm pretty much on a high vibe right now.💖 I was thinking about it all day and getting a little anxious but as soon as I got in the car, everything clicked. 🎉 PLUS, I just drove in Cambridge in rush hour 🚦& now I literally feel like i could do anything 😂💖
    • ✨ #gifted | Happy Monday evening everyone! 💫 The start of the week has really used up my energy today 😬 but all good things I promise! ⭐️ So I’m gonna have an early skincare  sesh with @greenpeopleuk to refresh myself! 🧖🏼‍♀️ I’m super excited to watch #loveisland, 💗🏝 although I want to be a more mindful watcher this year as the show defo doesn’t spread the best image. 🚫I’m just hoping there’s some progressive changes as the series goes on! 😬🤞🏻Are you watching this year? What do you think of it all?! 💖