3 Cheesy Christmas films you need to watch this festive season

December 3, 2018 in Lifestyle - 7 Comments - 3 min read

Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Quite literally.

I don’t know about you but there’s nothing better than watching a Christmas film on a cosy December night, during the festive season.

Christmas films are the perfect background noise to so many Christmas activities. Be it:

So, because I’m really feeling that good holiday mood. I wanted to share three of my favourite Christmas films with you.

I’ve also been careful to select films that I know are on Netflix. As I’m sure most of you will have access to that. If not, I really recommend you get it for the festive period. (so many good films/shows)Don’t miss out!

A Christmas Prince: The Royal Wedding

So if you haven’t seen this films prequel (have you been under a rock?) A Christmas prince. Then you also need to add that to your watching list!

The Christmas Prince, follows that perfect cheesy storyline where a girl just happens to find herself in a foreign faraway land and just happens BY CHANCE to bump into the prince of that land.

The sequel, follows their royal wedding preparations in the run up to Christmas. Of course, not everything can go as smoothly as originally planned. So expect, outrageous wedding outfits, hilarious plot lines and VERY cheesy acting.

Yet somehow it’s still brilliant?

The Princess Switch

Did you love High School Musical as much as I did? Do you sometimes still fangirl of Vanessa Hudgens? Cause me (too) neither.

Seriously, The Princess Switch is the purest and one of the prettiest films I’ve seen this festive season.

Firstly it’s all about a Christmas baking contest that just happens to be happening in a faraway European kingdom.

Vanessa Hudgens plays the two mains leads, the Baker and the Princess. Its essentially like a a festive version of the parent trap with no parents. Also with a princess and the pauper twist. Brilliant combination!

The two girls switch places (as they’re basically identical and no one could ever notice!) and learn a bit about what the others life is like. (Of course they just happen to fall in love with each others best friend & husband to be) in the process.

Needless to say it gets a little messy from there on out.

A Christmas Inheritance

This is officially the most cheesiest Christmas film I’ve come across this season. I do not regret watching this at all. No matter how odd it got.

It follows that typical story of the rich girl gets shipped off to a small town to discover more to life than just parties and wild nights out.

She goes on a little journey of self discovery and learns more about her family history in the process. Trust me, it did not go in the direction that I thought it would.

It was actually super sweet to see the character development throughout the film.

The lead actress also portrayed this clumsy, naive girl off perfectly. There are sometime hidden gems of comedy in there and itsย ย really easy watching for all ages!

Now go grab a Hot Chocolate!

So theres the perfect dose of Christmas films to get your holiday binge fest going. Honestly nothing makes me happier than a cute hot chocolate and a Christmas film in the run up to the holidays.

Also just as little bonus, the Nativity is also on Netflix right now. A golden gem of a Christmas film, so please add it to your list.

What films are you watching during the festive period this season? Or better yet what are your all time favourite Christmas films?

• sarahtrademark December 3, 2018 at 6:34 pm

I loved the royal wedding film! Rose mcivor is amazing xx

• Erin December 3, 2018 at 9:11 pm

Oh I do LOVE Christmas movies! They are SO nice. I still haven’t seen the Christmas Prince yet – I am missing out big time!

Erin || MakeErinOver

• Boxnip December 3, 2018 at 9:39 pm

I’ve actually watched 2 of those already, I was trying to get into a Christmassy mood to write posts but I ended up not writing anything and just watching the films instead! lol ๐Ÿ™‚

Sarah x || http://boxnip.co.uk

• Lady Writes (@LadyWrites_Blog) December 4, 2018 at 11:15 am

I need to go and watch all of these immediately! I love cheesy Christmas films x

• Mel December 4, 2018 at 1:09 pm

Iโ€™ve never watched any of them yet! Iโ€™ll make sure I do now

• jennyinneverland December 4, 2018 at 1:47 pm

Sorry to be a huge negative Nancy but I just cannot wait cheesy films and I don’t like Christmas films either! I’ll be opting for something dark like Bates Motel or a rewatch of The Haunting of Hill House haha! x

• A-mistletoe๐Ÿคถ (@acurvyvegan) December 5, 2018 at 4:09 pm

I haven’t watched these yet, but I’ve heard amazing things about them

Love, Amie โค
    The Curvaceous Vegan

• ๐Ÿ’ซ Wishing this was my breakfast this morning.๐Ÿ˜ฉ Instead, Iโ€™ve grabbed some porridge to go and am on route to work. Iโ€™ve got a mammoth of a balancing act to uphold over the next couple of weeks. Going from my day job ๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿผโ€๐Ÿ’ปto also writing โœ๐Ÿป my first assignment from my course.. just a casual 4000 words, right? ๐Ÿ˜ณ BUT as soon as itโ€™s handed in and over, itโ€™s Christmassss! ๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿ’–
    • ๐ŸŽ„ December brings festive decorations and Iโ€™m so pleased to have this beautiful wreath on our door ๐Ÿ’ซ I loved having an autumn ๐Ÿ‚ one, but a Christmas one just seems extra special! Are you decorating for Christmas this year?! ๐Ÿ’–
    • ๐Ÿ’ซ Iโ€™ve managed to take a very Cambridge looking photograph and tbh Iโ€™m so here for it. BONUS: that windows are looking a little festive. I have to admit, I love walking around town and seeing all the festive decorations - it makes me super excited for the holidays ๐ŸŽ„๐Ÿ’–
    • ๐Ÿ‘‹๐Ÿผ Evening all! I have to say Iโ€™m really starting to love how this little corner of my living room is starting to look ๐Ÿ‘€! It just makes me so happy that our little house is coming together day by day ๐Ÿ’–๐Ÿ’ซ
    • ๐Ÿ’ซ Easy like Sunday mornnning ๐Ÿ’ซ Weโ€™ve woken up to a beautiful day โ˜€๏ธ here in Cambridge (even though it is slightly chillyโ„๏ธ). Weโ€™ve had wonder into the city to grab a festive hot drink โ˜•๏ธ & pick up a couple of sweet treats ๐Ÿฐ from @georges_bakery for our Sunday movie ๐ŸŽฌday! What are your plans for the day? ๐Ÿ’–
    • ๐Ÿ’ซ โ€œFlowers donโ€™t worry about how theyโ€™re going to bloom. They just open up and turn toward the light and that makes them beautiful.โ€ ๐ŸŒธ๐Ÿ’–