Work life got you frazzled? Here’s my weekend detox!

February 12, 2018 in Blog - 6 Comments - 3 min read

Monday Again. I need a weekend detox.

Ah. Here we are again. Its Monday. Another week has come and another weekend has gone. Do you feel like you wasted it? Did you get enough time to do what you really wanted? Do you need another weekend detox? This is a scenario, I always seem to struggle with. Trying to fit everything in to my weekend seems impossible. Before you know it. I’m back at my desk, heading to a meeting.

Until last week. I came up with a six step guide on how to have my best weekend. Leave the life admin for the week and enjoy all the possible time you can with the weekend. For me, its not such about how much I can fit into my weekend detox. Its about how much quality I can get.

Connect

Face to face connection. At work, I’m constantly on a phone, a Skype call or communicating through emails. Not during my weekend detox. No thank you. Instead I strive to see someone, and make a lot of my communication in person. Whether its an old friend or new. Extend yourself. Its so refreshing an perfect for the weekend detox.

CARE

I think this is broad. For your weekend detox to be effective, you really have to think about what kind of care will work for you. Whether its hanging out with a group of people, or taking an hour long bath surrounded by candles. What care mean for you?

PLAYTIME

This step in my weekend detox, is particularly important to me. At work, I’m literally sat down all day. When I’m at home in the evenings and the weekend, I REALLY don’t want to be sat down all day. So for every passive activity, I try and do an active activity at the weekend. I might sit down and blog for four hours, and in return I’ll for a walk or shopping. Just something on my feet.

GREEN IT UP

Getting outside is important to me on the weekend. Whats even better is getting out to nature. Away from the city. A country walk or even a little village walk. Just really soak up that freshness.

SEEK LOVE

What do you love? For my weekend detox, a crucial part is finding a small amount of time looking at something you find beautiful. For me I love paper-crafts, so spending time creating something physically instead of digitally. its incredibly therapeutic. It can be anything!

DO LESS

Simple life admin tasks do not belong on a weekend detox. Allow tasks like the weekly shop, cleaning and any de-cluttering for your evenings. The goal is to have two whole days that you don’t feel as though you have to do random jobs. Its all your own.

Since I’ve been doing this, my weekends have improved immensely. So if your feeling as the weekends are going by a little too quickly, try my weekend detox. Let me know how you get on! Allow yourself time to plan and the rest will follow.

• Paula Roby February 12, 2018 at 2:46 pm

This is a fabulous idea! I love the idea of doing something active for every passive/sedentary activity. A great way to bring balance to your weekend!

• Anne Mutisya February 12, 2018 at 7:41 pm

So needed to read this especially since I totally saw my poor husband having the Monday blues. It is rough doing the 9 to 5 grind. Thanks for sharing!!

• Erin February 12, 2018 at 8:07 pm

I need to start doing less, definitely. Sounds like a plan lol I so wish I had a day off to chill lol

Erin || MakeErinOver

• Michelle Broadnax February 12, 2018 at 8:11 pm

Sometimes during the week I get so overwhelmed with how much work I have to do and what (feels like) little time I have to get it done in. These are such great suggestions for unwinding after a hard week’s work.

Thanks for sharing! x

Michelle
    dressingwithstyle-s.com

• Louise February 19, 2018 at 3:20 pm

I really enjoyed reading this, some great ideas, thanks for sharing x

• Stephanie February 19, 2018 at 9:50 pm

This is great advice!! Despite not having a 9-5 at the moment and working from home, I can still relate to “work life got you frazzled”. It’s hard to separate work and leisure/personal life when your office is in your home so these are such handy tips! Thank you for sharing, Mollie! I love your writing style 🙂 xo

Stephanie

• 💫 Thank goodness for Sundays! It’s been a long week and I cannot wait to just chill & watch 🎬 movies today. I thought I would give little update on how I’m getting on with the ⭐️NEW #BioluminCeye serum #gifted from @DermalogicaUK. It’s really nice to just brush over your 🧖🏼‍♀️ eyes in the morning & really perks me up (I literally reach for all my morning skincare as soon as I 😴 wake up). My under eye area feels a lot brighter & softer after use from these past couple of weeks. Pretty sure, I’m gonna have to 🛍 restock this one soon! 💖#skinfluencer
    • ✨ if only my week was as magical as these cute little tea lights. This week has literally been sponsored by lemon tea ☕️ & throat sweets 🍬 I’ve been off sick that last couple of days and I can tell you it is not ideal. ❄️ Isn’t the weather so bitterly cold in Cambridge recently? Not great when you’re under the weather with a cold! 🥶💖
    • 💫 And just like that, we’ve got through Monday.👊🏼 I had throughly enjoyed my weekend of just taking things slowly and chilling, I definitely need to have more weekends like this.✨ Since moving, I honestly love just hanging out in our living room because the space is sooo bright (can’t wait for longer ☀️days) and also I just feel so cosy here. 😻 Fee has her little spot at the end, right next to the radiator for the colder days too. I think I just need to get a few more pictures 📸 on the wall (currently being very fussy), maybe some more 🛋 cushions & definitely some more house plants. 🌿 Any home decor reccomendations? 💫
    • 🌟 Sunday’s are for doing the things you love.✨ That’s why my day will consist of 👩🏼‍💻blogging, ☕️ drinking massive amounts tea, 📸 scrapbooking and 📺 binging a little bit of Netflix. What does your Sunday look like? 💖
    • 💫I’m so glad we are hitting Friday tomorrow! Is it just me or has this week lasted for like, a year? I have a new blog post 👩🏼‍💻up though all about one of my new favourite coffee ☕️ spots in Cambridge. ✨ PLEASE go check this place out and treat yo’self if you’re local. The food is just divine. 💖
    • C’est fini! 🎉Really pleased to have finished my third book 📚 of the year & the 1st book of @bethsbookclub_ for 2020. Can I just say, this is SUCH a heartwarming💖 but also heartbreaking story! I didn’t want to love Ove as much as I did but I just couldn’t help it, really looking forward to chatting 👩🏼‍💻to everyone about this book later in the month. Now I need new book 📖 recommendations, what’s on your current reading list? 💫 #2020reads