Work life got you frazzled? Here’s my weekend detox!

February 12, 2018 in Blog - 6 Comments - 3 min read

Monday Again. I need a weekend detox.

Ah. Here we are again. Its Monday. Another week has come and another weekend has gone. Do you feel like you wasted it? Did you get enough time to do what you really wanted? Do you need another weekend detox? This is a scenario, I always seem to struggle with. Trying to fit everything in to my weekend seems impossible. Before you know it. I’m back at my desk, heading to a meeting.

Until last week. I came up with a six step guide on how to have my best weekend. Leave the life admin for the week and enjoy all the possible time you can with the weekend. For me, its not such about how much I can fit into my weekend detox. Its about how much quality I can get.

Connect

Face to face connection. At work, I’m constantly on a phone, a Skype call or communicating through emails. Not during my weekend detox. No thank you. Instead I strive to see someone, and make a lot of my communication in person. Whether its an old friend or new. Extend yourself. Its so refreshing an perfect for the weekend detox.

CARE

I think this is broad. For your weekend detox to be effective, you really have to think about what kind of care will work for you. Whether its hanging out with a group of people, or taking an hour long bath surrounded by candles. What care mean for you?

PLAYTIME

This step in my weekend detox, is particularly important to me. At work, I’m literally sat down all day. When I’m at home in the evenings and the weekend, I REALLY don’t want to be sat down all day. So for every passive activity, I try and do an active activity at the weekend. I might sit down and blog for four hours, and in return I’ll for a walk or shopping. Just something on my feet.

GREEN IT UP

Getting outside is important to me on the weekend. Whats even better is getting out to nature. Away from the city. A country walk or even a little village walk. Just really soak up that freshness.

SEEK LOVE

What do you love? For my weekend detox, a crucial part is finding a small amount of time looking at something you find beautiful. For me I love paper-crafts, so spending time creating something physically instead of digitally. its incredibly therapeutic. It can be anything!

DO LESS

Simple life admin tasks do not belong on a weekend detox. Allow tasks like the weekly shop, cleaning and any de-cluttering for your evenings. The goal is to have two whole days that you don’t feel as though you have to do random jobs. Its all your own.

Since I’ve been doing this, my weekends have improved immensely. So if your feeling as the weekends are going by a little too quickly, try my weekend detox. Let me know how you get on! Allow yourself time to plan and the rest will follow.

• Paula Roby February 12, 2018 at 2:46 pm

This is a fabulous idea! I love the idea of doing something active for every passive/sedentary activity. A great way to bring balance to your weekend!

• Anne Mutisya February 12, 2018 at 7:41 pm

So needed to read this especially since I totally saw my poor husband having the Monday blues. It is rough doing the 9 to 5 grind. Thanks for sharing!!

• Erin February 12, 2018 at 8:07 pm

I need to start doing less, definitely. Sounds like a plan lol I so wish I had a day off to chill lol

Erin || MakeErinOver

• Michelle Broadnax February 12, 2018 at 8:11 pm

Sometimes during the week I get so overwhelmed with how much work I have to do and what (feels like) little time I have to get it done in. These are such great suggestions for unwinding after a hard week’s work.

Thanks for sharing! x

Michelle
    dressingwithstyle-s.com

• Louise February 19, 2018 at 3:20 pm

I really enjoyed reading this, some great ideas, thanks for sharing x

• Stephanie February 19, 2018 at 9:50 pm

This is great advice!! Despite not having a 9-5 at the moment and working from home, I can still relate to “work life got you frazzled”. It’s hard to separate work and leisure/personal life when your office is in your home so these are such handy tips! Thank you for sharing, Mollie! I love your writing style 🙂 xo

Stephanie

• 💫 Well, it’s my second day of working from home for the foreseeable future. I’ve worked from home quite a bit anyway with my job but doing it long term is going to be quite a shift. 🎉However, it is something we can & must do if able. So how am I setting myself up? 🥰I’m trying to keep as much of a schedule going as possible when it comes to work. I’m also working on creating a barrier between my home environment & work environment, it’s important to not let it all merge into one. 🙏🏻 I’ll be sharing everything through my stories and blog soon. Remember, we are all in this together! My DM’s are always open if anyone needs a chat. 👌🏼💖
    • ✨ A little throwback snap from one of my new favourite hotspots in Cambridge, wishing this had been my breakfast this morning. 🍳 I obviously won’t be cooking anything as fabulous while I’m working from home, but one can dream right?! 💖💫
    • 💫 LIVING LIFE IN THE SLOW LANE. ✨ We’ve not really ventured out the house much this weekend except for the one Tesco shop. (Not a fun experience) Although the UK isn’t on a lockdown yet, we are prepping for it and limiting where we go. Ive really been enjoying the #staythefuckhome & defo recommend you give it a scroll. Stay safe, stay well & stay home (if you can) 🥰♥️
    • ✨ With all the noise from the news & a heavy work load, I’ve been finding it difficult to get a proper good sleep 💤 this week. I’m sure some of you are just the same. It’s a crazy, unknown time and difficult to just switch off from that anxious feeling. Luckily I’ve found a little  bedtime spray, a good book 📚 and night time moisturiser can help calm me down a little. While it obviously doesn’t magically solve everything, it does help me. 💫 So, I encourage you all to do the little things that make you feel just that little bit better during this time.♥️
    • Happy Sunday! 💫 oh my goodness, it’s been a hella of a busy time of late. Over the last few weeks, works been full on & I somehow managed to squeeze in a driving test along the way (which I passed 🎉) AND as a result, I’ve had a very exciting weekend shopping for my first car, feeling very happy & lucky. 😌Today I think I’m just gonna nest at home and enjoy the art of doing nothing ✨
    • 💫 Going into today with this as my mantra.👌🏼 Its no secret that I’m currently finding myself swamped at work! 😩So wishing you a peaceful & smooth working week ✨💖