New Year, A Better me: 2018

January 1, 2018 in Lifestyle - 6 Comments - 4 min read

New Year, A Better me: 2018

January 1, 2018 in Lifestyle - 6 Comments - 4 min read

Happy New Year to you all!

At the start of every year, I have high hope and aspirations. This year is of course no different. I am incredibly open and excited for what this year may bring. I have always been one for setting goals at the start of year and working towards and this year is of course no different.

I don’t consider a new year to be a chance to be a new me or a new person however I am fully behind the fact of using the new year to become a better person, and use it as a chance to better yourself and improve the quality of life around you. Personally in order to do so, I like to use the New Year to set goals and resolutions, much like everyone else. I think it is incredibly therapeutic, so without further ado these are my New Years resolutions!

My News Years Resolutions

• To sleep more – Sounds weird right? But I am fully aware I do not get enough sleep, and that leads to so many problems, not being productive enough, not having enough energy and just falling asleep at random times. However this year i am going to break the bad habit and replace with a good one, starting with creating a weekly sleep schedule. So, I will try my very outmost best to go to sleep at the same time to really make it a habit. (I thankfully have the help from some amazing sleep products and organisation from my happiness planner – more to come on that later in year)

• To blog regularly and get my social media schedule down – So this is kind of two in one, but they go very well together, as I’m sure every blogger will know. As a social media manager, I have no problem working with a schedule and creating strategies. However doing my social media personally to help promote my blog, can be a challenge. Partly because like a lot of people, I’m very critical of myself and trying to convey myself in the most authentic way possible can be a struggle but this year, i’m aiming not to overthink it.

• To watch 200 NEW movies – Now, this really isn’t a hard new years resolution as I LOVE movies but I really didn’t take a lot of time last year, to discover new films and really enjoy seeing what different genres have to offer. This is also something I used to make an effort to do when I was in my late teens and I loved it! So time to revisit!

• To read 40 books this year – I feel like this is fairly big one, as currently I’m not reading and there has been massive lack of reading in my life for the past year. So any book I read, whether it a story, marketing book or a comment, will count for me. Reading truly exercises the brain and I intend to do that. I received a wonderful amount of books this past Christmas, so lets start there!

• Take up yoga – I really want to do this one! This last year, I’ve felt reallllllly stiff and unflexible. So I decided enough was enough and started looking not what exercises I could do to make my mind and body feel a little better. All signs pointed to yoga, so I’ll experimenting with this one.

• Pass my driving test! – I had to put my driving on hold last year, due to some unfortunate circumstances. However this year, I NEED to change that, I want to be abel to drive so badly, so I’m aiming to finishing learning and pass my test ASAP!

• Practise self care & allow me time – We can all be busy and forget to be nice to ourselves and forgot to just do a few simple things that make us feel better. I was guilty of this last year and I really did not enjoy it, its stressful when you don’t feel all together and have to balance more than you can. This year I pledge to change that for myself. I received a beautiful selection of gifts this Christmas, I know each will make feel just that little bit better, all in different ways, from bath bombs, to crafting. I’m excited to have me time.

• To keep myself organised – I am usually so GOOD at this. I’m all for the stationery, apps & other time management skills. This year, I have THREE planners on the go (I may have over done it) One is a media planner, purely for my blog etc. The second is a a happiness planner, all around tracking my wellbeing and mental health. My third is just my regular planner, my day to day activities. So it may seem A LOT but I really think separating the three will allow me to have much more clarity.

And there you have it. The eight goals I’ve set myself this year. It my seem like a lot but these are all challenges I’m excited to take this on this year! I hope you all embrace the New Year too, use it to try new things, experience new places and just enjoy the time you have.

Do you have any resolutions this year?

• Chantel Keona January 1, 2018 at 10:13 pm

Awesome post &happy new year 😊

• Megan McCoig January 2, 2018 at 2:52 pm

200 new movies!! I’m so with you on that. I love a good movie night and there’s so many I still need to try x

• Erin January 3, 2018 at 11:25 pm

They sounds like such good goals! I love your movie goal, I need to set something like this myself to make me watch different thing 🙂

Erin || MakeErinOver

• Corinne and Kirsty January 4, 2018 at 5:21 pm

These goals are so ambitious. But that’s what you need, right?! 40 books is such a cool target! I need to read more too! xx corinne

• chloejessicalondon January 4, 2018 at 5:36 pm

Great Post! I’m also hoping to read a lot more this year, I used love reading but over the years I’ve stopped finding time to do so! Time to get back on it x

Chloé

• Stacey Spruels January 4, 2018 at 5:37 pm

Love these goals. I only recently have wanted to try yoga and must look into it. Like the sleep more. Again I need to do this, I make the mistake of checking my phone before bed then before you know it a couple of hours have passed on Pinterest and Instagram xx

Stacey | SimplyStacey.co.uk

• ✨ After a tricky start to the week (had an intense migraine 🥵yesterday) I decided to take it easy tonight and just have a chilled evening, 💁🏼‍♀️with a long bath, 🛁long evening skincare routine and a lil bit of Netflix, perfect! 💖
#skinfluencer #gifted @dermalogicauk
    • ✨ "Easy like Sunday mornninggg", 😻 I snapped awake super early this morning ☀️ with a need to plan some of the year in my upcoming planner 🤭(even though it doesn't start until August booo😭) You could say I'm a little bit of an organisation queen... Overprepared? definitely! 💖
    • 🙌🏻 Kicking off the weekend by finishing this FABULOUS book, its a sequel to "Oh My God, What a Complete Aisling", and I cannot tell you how much I've loved following this story. 💖Rumour has it, this might, just MIGHT be made in to a film 🎬but I really do recommend reading this for yourself📖 - such a good comedy too! 🎊⠀
⠀
My next reading challenge for this month is @bethsbookclub book! I may have been delaying it cause I know its gonna make me cry... 😭⠀
⠀
➡️ P.S @clashingtime both books are ready for you to borrow whenever now! 👌🏼⠀
⠀
Have a beautiful weekend everyone!🎉
    • Nothing makes me feel a FRIYAY 🎉 more than walking through my door, whipping my makeup & work clothes off, 💁🏼‍♀️shoving my cosy PJ's on with a divine facemask to follow. 🧖🏼‍♀️Just hand me a tea & pop on a movie🎬 to kick this evening into full swing! 🎊⠀
⠀
➡️ P.S I am aware I mention face masks a lot but I am literally on a mission to save my skin and get it all healthy and glowy. Got any tips? SHARE PLS! ⬇️💖
    • ✨Whats your favourite powder foundation right now? 🤔 I'm so indecisive but my current favourite is this @NyxCosmetics! 💁🏼‍♀️However, I'm looking to build up a stash of favourites to flip between, (a girl has gotta have choices right?) 🤭 So let me know in the comments below! 💖⬇️
    • ✨ "Be brave enough to be bad at something new," 💪🏼 Recently I've felt a little too comfy in my comfort zone. 🤭 So I've been looking at ways to push myself professionally & personally.. 💪🏼 Anyone ever got that feeling? 🤷🏼‍♀️