Happy New Year to you all!
At the start of every year, I have high hope and aspirations. This year is of course no different. I am incredibly open and excited for what this year may bring. I have always been one for setting goals at the start of year and working towards and this year is of course no different.
I don’t consider a new year to be a chance to be a new me or a new person however I am fully behind the fact of using the new year to become a better person, and use it as a chance to better yourself and improve the quality of life around you. Personally in order to do so, I like to use the New Year to set goals and resolutions, much like everyone else. I think it is incredibly therapeutic, so without further ado these are my New Years resolutions!
My News Years Resolutions
- To sleep more – Sounds weird right? But I am fully aware I do not get enough sleep, and that leads to so many problems, not being productive enough, not having enough energy and just falling asleep at random times. However this year i am going to break the bad habit and replace with a good one, starting with creating a weekly sleep schedule. So, I will try my very outmost best to go to sleep at the same time to really make it a habit. (I thankfully have the help from some amazing sleep products and organisation from my happiness planner – more to come on that later in year)
- To blog regularly and get my social media schedule down – So this is kind of two in one, but they go very well together, as I’m sure every blogger will know. As a social media manager, I have no problem working with a schedule and creating strategies. However doing my social media personally to help promote my blog, can be a challenge. Partly because like a lot of people, I’m very critical of myself and trying to convey myself in the most authentic way possible can be a struggle but this year, i’m aiming not to overthink it.
- To watch 200 NEW movies – Now, this really isn’t a hard new years resolution as I LOVE movies but I really didn’t take a lot of time last year, to discover new films and really enjoy seeing what different genres have to offer. This is also something I used to make an effort to do when I was in my late teens and I loved it! So time to revisit!
- To read 40 books this year – I feel like this is fairly big one, as currently I’m not reading and there has been massive lack of reading in my life for the past year. So any book I read, whether it a story, marketing book or a comment, will count for me. Reading truly exercises the brain and I intend to do that. I received a wonderful amount of books this past Christmas, so lets start there!
- Take up yoga – I really want to do this one! This last year, I’ve felt reallllllly stiff and unflexible. So I decided enough was enough and started looking not what exercises I could do to make my mind and body feel a little better. All signs pointed to yoga, so I’ll experimenting with this one.
- Pass my driving test! – I had to put my driving on hold last year, due to some unfortunate circumstances. However this year, I NEED to change that, I want to be abel to drive so badly, so I’m aiming to finishing learning and pass my test ASAP!
- Practise self care & allow me time – We can all be busy and forget to be nice to ourselves and forgot to just do a few simple things that make us feel better. I was guilty of this last year and I really did not enjoy it, its stressful when you don’t feel all together and have to balance more than you can. This year I pledge to change that for myself. I received a beautiful selection of gifts this Christmas, I know each will make feel just that little bit better, all in different ways, from bath bombs, to crafting. I’m excited to have me time.
- To keep myself organised – I am usually so GOOD at this. I’m all for the stationery, apps & other time management skills. This year, I have THREE planners on the go (I may have over done it) One is a media planner, purely for my blog etc. The second is a a happiness planner, all around tracking my wellbeing and mental health. My third is just my regular planner, my day to day activities. So it may seem A LOT but I really think separating the three will allow me to have much more clarity.
And there you have it. The eight goals I’ve set myself this year. It my seem like a lot but these are all challenges I’m excited to take this on this year! I hope you all embrace the New Year too, use it to try new things, experience new places and just enjoy the time you have.
Do you have any resolutions this year?