New Year, A Better me: 2018

January 1, 2018 in Lifestyle - 6 Comments - 4 min read

Happy New Year to you all!

At the start of every year, I have high hope and aspirations. This year is of course no different. I am incredibly open and excited for what this year may bring. I have always been one for setting goals at the start of year and working towards and this year is of course no different.

I don’t consider a new year to be a chance to be a new me or a new person however I am fully behind the fact of using the new year to become a better person, and use it as a chance to better yourself and improve the quality of life around you. Personally in order to do so, I like to use the New Year to set goals and resolutions, much like everyone else. I think it is incredibly therapeutic, so without further ado these are my New Years resolutions!

My News Years Resolutions

• To sleep more – Sounds weird right? But I am fully aware I do not get enough sleep, and that leads to so many problems, not being productive enough, not having enough energy and just falling asleep at random times. However this year i am going to break the bad habit and replace with a good one, starting with creating a weekly sleep schedule. So, I will try my very outmost best to go to sleep at the same time to really make it a habit. (I thankfully have the help from some amazing sleep products and organisation from my happiness planner – more to come on that later in year)

• To blog regularly and get my social media schedule down – So this is kind of two in one, but they go very well together, as I’m sure every blogger will know. As a social media manager, I have no problem working with a schedule and creating strategies. However doing my social media personally to help promote my blog, can be a challenge. Partly because like a lot of people, I’m very critical of myself and trying to convey myself in the most authentic way possible can be a struggle but this year, i’m aiming not to overthink it.

• To watch 200 NEW movies – Now, this really isn’t a hard new years resolution as I LOVE movies but I really didn’t take a lot of time last year, to discover new films and really enjoy seeing what different genres have to offer. This is also something I used to make an effort to do when I was in my late teens and I loved it! So time to revisit!

• To read 40 books this year – I feel like this is fairly big one, as currently I’m not reading and there has been massive lack of reading in my life for the past year. So any book I read, whether it a story, marketing book or a comment, will count for me. Reading truly exercises the brain and I intend to do that. I received a wonderful amount of books this past Christmas, so lets start there!

• Take up yoga – I really want to do this one! This last year, I’ve felt reallllllly stiff and unflexible. So I decided enough was enough and started looking not what exercises I could do to make my mind and body feel a little better. All signs pointed to yoga, so I’ll experimenting with this one.

• Pass my driving test! – I had to put my driving on hold last year, due to some unfortunate circumstances. However this year, I NEED to change that, I want to be abel to drive so badly, so I’m aiming to finishing learning and pass my test ASAP!

• Practise self care & allow me time – We can all be busy and forget to be nice to ourselves and forgot to just do a few simple things that make us feel better. I was guilty of this last year and I really did not enjoy it, its stressful when you don’t feel all together and have to balance more than you can. This year I pledge to change that for myself. I received a beautiful selection of gifts this Christmas, I know each will make feel just that little bit better, all in different ways, from bath bombs, to crafting. I’m excited to have me time.

• To keep myself organised – I am usually so GOOD at this. I’m all for the stationery, apps & other time management skills. This year, I have THREE planners on the go (I may have over done it) One is a media planner, purely for my blog etc. The second is a a happiness planner, all around tracking my wellbeing and mental health. My third is just my regular planner, my day to day activities. So it may seem A LOT but I really think separating the three will allow me to have much more clarity.

And there you have it. The eight goals I’ve set myself this year. It my seem like a lot but these are all challenges I’m excited to take this on this year! I hope you all embrace the New Year too, use it to try new things, experience new places and just enjoy the time you have.

Do you have any resolutions this year?

• Chantel Keona January 1, 2018 at 10:13 pm

Awesome post &happy new year 😊

• Megan McCoig January 2, 2018 at 2:52 pm

200 new movies!! I’m so with you on that. I love a good movie night and there’s so many I still need to try x

• Erin January 3, 2018 at 11:25 pm

They sounds like such good goals! I love your movie goal, I need to set something like this myself to make me watch different thing 🙂

Erin || MakeErinOver

• Corinne and Kirsty January 4, 2018 at 5:21 pm

These goals are so ambitious. But that’s what you need, right?! 40 books is such a cool target! I need to read more too! xx corinne

• chloejessicalondon January 4, 2018 at 5:36 pm

Great Post! I’m also hoping to read a lot more this year, I used love reading but over the years I’ve stopped finding time to do so! Time to get back on it x

Chloé

• Stacey Spruels January 4, 2018 at 5:37 pm

Love these goals. I only recently have wanted to try yoga and must look into it. Like the sleep more. Again I need to do this, I make the mistake of checking my phone before bed then before you know it a couple of hours have passed on Pinterest and Instagram xx

Stacey | SimplyStacey.co.uk

• 💫 Thank goodness for Sundays! It’s been a long week and I cannot wait to just chill & watch 🎬 movies today. I thought I would give little update on how I’m getting on with the ⭐️NEW #BioluminCeye serum #gifted from @DermalogicaUK. It’s really nice to just brush over your 🧖🏼‍♀️ eyes in the morning & really perks me up (I literally reach for all my morning skincare as soon as I 😴 wake up). My under eye area feels a lot brighter & softer after use from these past couple of weeks. Pretty sure, I’m gonna have to 🛍 restock this one soon! 💖#skinfluencer
    • ✨ if only my week was as magical as these cute little tea lights. This week has literally been sponsored by lemon tea ☕️ & throat sweets 🍬 I’ve been off sick that last couple of days and I can tell you it is not ideal. ❄️ Isn’t the weather so bitterly cold in Cambridge recently? Not great when you’re under the weather with a cold! 🥶💖
    • 💫 And just like that, we’ve got through Monday.👊🏼 I had throughly enjoyed my weekend of just taking things slowly and chilling, I definitely need to have more weekends like this.✨ Since moving, I honestly love just hanging out in our living room because the space is sooo bright (can’t wait for longer ☀️days) and also I just feel so cosy here. 😻 Fee has her little spot at the end, right next to the radiator for the colder days too. I think I just need to get a few more pictures 📸 on the wall (currently being very fussy), maybe some more 🛋 cushions & definitely some more house plants. 🌿 Any home decor reccomendations? 💫
    • 🌟 Sunday’s are for doing the things you love.✨ That’s why my day will consist of 👩🏼‍💻blogging, ☕️ drinking massive amounts tea, 📸 scrapbooking and 📺 binging a little bit of Netflix. What does your Sunday look like? 💖
    • 💫I’m so glad we are hitting Friday tomorrow! Is it just me or has this week lasted for like, a year? I have a new blog post 👩🏼‍💻up though all about one of my new favourite coffee ☕️ spots in Cambridge. ✨ PLEASE go check this place out and treat yo’self if you’re local. The food is just divine. 💖
    • C’est fini! 🎉Really pleased to have finished my third book 📚 of the year & the 1st book of @bethsbookclub_ for 2020. Can I just say, this is SUCH a heartwarming💖 but also heartbreaking story! I didn’t want to love Ove as much as I did but I just couldn’t help it, really looking forward to chatting 👩🏼‍💻to everyone about this book later in the month. Now I need new book 📖 recommendations, what’s on your current reading list? 💫 #2020reads